- US Embassy (10 mins)
- University of Ottawa (2 mins)
- The Byward Market (6 mins)
- Ottawa Convention Centre (5 mins)
- Rideau Shopping Centre (5 mins)
- Parliament Hill (12 mins)
- National Gallery of Canada (15 mins)
- Rideau Canal (8 mins)
- National Arts Centre (9 mins)
- Sparks Street Mall (13 mins)
- Canadian Museum of History (30 mins)
- Bytowne Cinema (4 mins)
- Museum of Nature (25 mins)
- Elgin Street (12 mins)
- War Museum (35 mins)
- Scotiabank Place (20 min drive)
*Times listed are travel-time on foot.
What to do here?
The Barefoot is located right in the heart of Ottawa, steps away from the best the city has to offer.
Museums, monuments, galleries, theatre and cinema…Ottawa offers something for everyone.
Take a tour of Canada’s Parliament and enjoy the amazing view from the top of the Peace Tower. Go skating on the Rideau Canal, the world’s longest skating rink. Wander around the Byward Market and enjoy the world-class restaurants, bars and shops that you will find there.
The Byward Market
Ottawa may be the epicentre of politics in Canada, but its social scene is second to none.
The Byward Market is an experience unto itself. The local weekend market is not to be missed but the Market really comes into its own in the evening.
Ottawa’s best restaurants call the Market home and everything, from high-end dining to cheap eats, is on the menu.
If the bar-scene is more your style, you couldn’t ask for better than the selection on offer in the Market. With everything from pubs to clubs to concert venues, there’s something for everyone.